Recruitment: Hiring the Right Person
Recruitment is the process of attracting, identifying and hiring the best suited and most qualified candidate to fulfill the responsibilities and duties of a vacant position. It is a very important function of human resource management because it is where you, the supervisor or manager, have the opportunity to provide your input into shaping the position to meet existing and future needs. Attracting and hiring the best candidates for the job is also an important part of maintaining a positive work environment. Through this workshop you will learn the art and science of recruitment, explore the processes used by successful organizations, and identify the supports/resources available to you.
At the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- plan recruitment
- explain the importance of an accurate and up to date job description.
- explain the important elements of an effective and accurate job advertisement.
- screen resumes/applications.
- develop a plan to interview candidates.
- select the best candidate for the job.
This workshop can be delivered in 1/2 day or a full day.